2013/10/14

Verschwendete Zeit


Everyone who knows me is aware of the fact that I have a loathe/hate relationship with social media.
So, it is no surprising that Facebook is not something I really like. Social media in general, and Facebook in particular, can be very harmful if used in the wrong way. They are time consuming. They create the illusion that you are doing worthy things, when in fact you are flushing your time down the drain. Time that, of course, will never return. You think you have a lot of friends but they are fake. As artificial as the hot-from-the-microwave precooked lasagna you are about to eat. Technology can be alienating, it is the thorn of the rose, but if we use it for good, it is good.
Good intentions. But you already know what happens when you mix coffe break with YouTube. So tell me please, what things make you lose track of time on the internet?

2 comments:

  1. I have been spending a lot of time in the NWN forum, some of the shit posted on there is hilarious, like this thread about covers on MS paint:
    http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26232&highlight=covers+paint

    but yeah, facebook is what it is, I guess. I find a lot of people who have 'become', 'writers' and 'artists' since they opened their accounts, I guess facebook inspires people, makes them believe other people are trully paying attention, others, now have millions of imaginary friends where in reality they have like 2.

    IgnacioBrown

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't click on it, but…

    ReplyDelete